How do I update the Contacts for my Atlassian products?
To change a Billing or Technical contact, any existing Billing or Technical contacts can follow the steps below:
1. Log into your existing My.Atlassian account with your Atlassian ID.
2. Click > on the Atlassian product you want to update or change; the license details panel will expand.
3. In the Billing and/or Technical Contact email field, enter in the new contact's email address and click Add. If the account does not exist, you will be prompted to enter a few details.
4a. This step is important - If the new contact shares the same email domain as the existing Primary Contact, you will be able to instantly promote the new contact by selecting Make Primary. This functionality excludes publicly shared domains, such as emails ending in '@gmail.com'.
4b. If you are adding a contact from a different or public email domain, they will need to log into their own My.Atlassian account and promote themselves by selecting Make Primary . If they do not yet have a password, they can follow the Can't Log In link to generate one.
5. To remove retired contact(s), click the Delete link. This will remove the product from their My.Atlassian account.
Repeat the above steps for all products in need of a Contact change. The new contacts will now be able to view the products when they log into their My Atlassian account.
Via Cloud Instance
If you're an Atlassian Cloud customer, the Site Admin can make themselves a Billing Contact directly from within the Cloud instance. Please note: If the Site Admin is already the Primary Billing Contact, they will not see the 'Make Me Billing Contact' button.
Once logged in as the Site Admin, navigate to the Site Administration page where you'll see Billing Overview. There, you'll find your upcoming billing estimate, as well as the ability to Make Me A Billing Contact.
A few things to note when using this feature:
- The existing Primary Billing Contact will receive an email telling them that they've been replaced
- The existing Primary Billing Contact will now appear as a Secondary Billing Contact in My.Atlassian
- Demoted Billing Contacts can promote themselves back to the Primary slot via their My.Atlassian account
- This feature does not affect Technical Contacts. Technical Contacts can be managed via any Contact's My.Atlassian account