Raising requests on behalf of customers
Raise a customer request
- Open the Customer Portal.
- Select the request type that matches your customer's need.
- In the Raise this request on behalf of field, enter a new customer's email address or search for an existing customer's name:
- Fill in the request details and select Create.
Your customer will be emailed a link to the new request – new customers will also receive an invitation to finish creating a service desk account – and you will be able to continue working on the issue from your service desk queue.
Invite a new customer
- In your service desk, go to People > Customers.
- Select Invite customers and enter your customer's email address.
- Select Send invites and you're done!
Note that your service desk administrator must have public signup enabled if you want to raise requests on behalf of new customers, or invite customers from the People tab.