Configuring the customer portal
You need to be a project administrator to make the following changes.
Brand your portal
As a project admin, you can change the customer portal name, welcome message, and logo to reflect your company's brand. The header, link, and button colors are inherited from the help center colors. Learn how to customize the help center.
- Add a portal logo and a short description:
Your logo also appears in notifications sent by your service desk. Read more about customer notifications.
Set up request types
You can customize the types of requests that customers raise from the portal. To create and manage request types, visit Project settings > Request types.
Jira Service Desk includes several request types that address common IT help scenarios. The request types are organized into groups to help customers find what they need on the portal. For example, you can add a "Common Requests" group to help customers get help with common issues like system problems or IT support.
To learn more about customizing request types, check out Configuring request types and workflows.
You can show transitions on the customer portal so that customers can transition requests. For example, say an agent shares a knowledge base article with a customer. If the article solves the customer's problem, then the customer can resolve the request.
To add a transition to the portal, you edit an existing transition in the workflow.
In your service desk project, select Settings () > Workflows.
- Click next to the workflow that contains the transition you want to add to the portal.
- Click Diagram to open the diagram view.
- Make sure Show transition labels is selected.
- Click the transition in the workflow, and then select Show transition on the customer portal.
Customer transitions behave slightly differently than other workflow transitions:
- Screens don't display on the customer portal. When you add a transition to the portal, you can set a resolution for requests that customers transition.
- When an issue is transitioned from the portal, it bypasses any validators that are defined for the transition.
If it seems like the portal transition isn't working properly, make sure there isn't an automation rule in conflict with the transition.
To learn more about workflows and transitions, see the Advanced workflow configuration configuration page.
Manage access to your portal
You can allow customers to create their own accounts in the portal, or limit access to customers that your team adds. To learn more about different access options, see Set up customer permissions.
Add announcements to the portal
Do you want to communicate a system outage or post a message about operating hours? Announcements are a convenient way to alert your customers about outages or events.
- Complete the Subject and Message fields in the Announcement section.
Allow agents to add announcements
To allow agents to add announcements to the portal, go to Project administration > Portal settings. In the Announcements section, choose Yes.
Add announcements to the help center
If your Jira admin grants you permission, you can add announcements to the help center. Learn more about the help center.
- In your portal, click the help center name or logo in the top left.
- Click the Customize button on the right, then complete the Announcement subject and message.