Collecting customer satisfaction (CSAT) feedback
Enabling the customer satisfaction feature
This feature is enabled by default for new service desk projects; however, it must be enabled for each existing service desk project. To enable customer satisfaction settings for an existing project:
- Log in as a service desk project administrator.
- Select the service desk project you wish to configure.
- Select Project settings > Satisfaction settings .
- Enable Collect customer satisfaction feedback.
- Optionally, edit the Question phrase to suit your service desk environment. This phrase appears in the resolved issue notification message that customers see.
When you enable satisfaction settings for a service desk project, resolved issue notifications will contain a satisfaction rating scale. Customers can click the rating scale to indicate their level of satisfaction. A confirmation page is displayed on the customer portal, where they can change the rating, and optionally provide any additional comments that they would like to convey to the team.
Viewing and reporting on customer feedback
Customer satisfaction scores and comments are displayed in the issue view for resolved issues. Agents can also view the satisfaction scores on their own recently resolved queues.
Service desk project administrators and agents can view the default Satisfaction report, which displays the average customer satisfaction scores for the team.
A service desk project administrator can also create and view custom reports analyzing satisfaction trends. Agents can also view any custom satisfaction reports created for their service desk projects.
Useful examples of custom reports include:
- A trend graph of the average satisfaction rating for a specific period to view changes in service levels.
- Satisfaction scores based on the type of service request. This would identify issues for which the team could provide knowledge articles.
- Satisfaction scores for an individual agent compared to team scores to help identify agents who would benefit from further training.