Installing Jira Service Desk
If you are migrating from an existing Jira instance with the Jira Service Desk add-on, please check out our Migration Hub first.
Create a basic service desk project for teams that only need a few request types, or create an IT service desk for teams working with change and incident management processes.
Before you get your agents and customers started on a local instance of Jira Service Desk Server, read the Jira Service Desk release notes for the version that you are installing or upgrading to, then follow these instructions:
- View the available Jira Server applications here.
- Select your Jira Service Desk Server package.
- Download the installer.
- Once the installer has downloaded, run it and follow the Installing Jira applications steps.
If you experience any problems with your installation or you have any questions, contact Support.
Get more out of your new Jira Service Desk instance:
Connecting Jira Service Desk to other Atlassian products enables a host of new integration features. Learn more below:
- Using Jira applications with Confluence — Confluence is a content creation and collaboration platform that connects teams with the content, knowledge, and coworkers they need to get work done, faster.
- Using Jira applications with Hipchat — Hipchat is hosted group chat and video chat for companies and teams.