Introduce customers to your service desk
- Setting up your service desk
- Creating service desk request types
- Making queues for your service desk teams
- Adding service desk agents
- Customize your service desk channels
- Bring your service desk to the next level
- Introduce customers to your service desk
- Explore a sample project
Now that you have set up your project in a way that serves both your agents and your customers, it's time to show your customers how to start using Jira Service Desk.
Create requests through the customer portal
- Visit the customer portal.
- Pick an option that matches what you need and fill in the details of the request:
Create requests by email
Another way of creating requests is by sending emails to a linked service desk. Ask your service team if they are set up to receive email in their service desk project. If they do, simply email them a request directly and keep the conversation going directly from your inbox.
Create requests in multiple service desks
To send the same request to multiple teams, you have the following options:
- If all of the teams you want to contact have linked their service desk project to an email account, you can easily create the request by sending one email message to all linked service desk email accounts.
- If the teams you want to contact have not all linked their service desk project to an email account, you will need to create the request in each service desk one by one, either through their customer portal or sending emails.
Track and comment on requests
Use the customer portal to see all requests you have created, read comments from agents as they are updated, and check the status of a request. You can add comments and attachments to requests on the customer portal as well.
Another way of tracking requests is through email notifications. You receive email notifications when agents respond to your requests and when the request has been resolved. To add comments to requests, you can simply reply to the email notifications and your reply will be added as a comment to the request.