Configuring the customer portal
You need to be an administrator for your project to make the following changes.
Set up request types
You can customize the types of requests that customers raise from the portal. To create and manage request types, visit Project settings > Request types.
Jira Service Desk includes several request types that address common IT help scenarios. The request types are organized into groups to help customers find what they need on the portal.
For example, you can add a "Common Requests" group to help customers address issues like system problems or IT support.
To learn more about customizing request types, check out Setting up request types.
Brand your portal
You can customize your customer portal to reflect your team and company's brand with the following two steps:
- In Project settings > Portal settings, add a portal logo and a short description:
Your logo also appears in notifications sent by your service desk. Read more about customer notifications.
Follow the link View and change your Customer Portal announcement to add a message unique to your project portal.
You can show transitions on the customer portal so that customers can transition requests. For example, say an agent shares a knowledge base article with a customer. If the article solves the customer's problem, then the customer can resolve the request.
To add a transition to the portal, you edit an existing transition in the workflow.
- In your service desk project, click Project settings > Workflows.
- Click next to the workflow that contains the transition you want to add to the portal.
- Click Diagram to open the diagram view.
- Click the transition in the workflow, and then select Show transition on the customer portal.
Customer transitions behave slightly differently than other workflow transitions:
- Screens don't display on the customer portal. When you add a transition to the portal, you can set a resolution for requests that customers transition.
- When an issue is transitioned from the portal, it bypasses any validators that are defined for the transition.
If it seems like the portal transition isn't working properly, make sure there isn't an automation rule in conflict with the transition.
To learn more about workflows and transitions, see the advanced workflow configuration page.
Manage access to your portal
You can allow customers to create their own accounts in the portal, or limit access to customers that your team adds. To learn more about different access options, see Managing access to your service desk.
View all portals in your Help Center
The Help Center shows all of the customer portals in your Jira site:
Customers can access the Help Center at the following URL:
From the Help Center, customers can raise requests in any of the portals they have access to. They can also view and search their requests in Requests.