Copy of Support Offering PageAtlassian Support Offerings
Support Options Feature Comparison
|Free||Standard||Premium||Priority Support (Atlassian Access only)||Premier Support|
|Hours of Availability1,10||9/52|
L3, L4: 9/5
L3, L4: 9/5
|Initial Response Times3||Production Application Down (L1)||2 Hr||1 Hr||1 Hr||30 min|
|Serious Degradation (L2)||6 Hr||2 Hr||2 Hr9||2 Hr|
|Moderate Impact (L3)||1 Business Day||1 Business Day||1 Business Day||8 Hr|
|Limited Impact (L4)||2 Business Days||2 Business Days||2 Business Days||24 Hr|
|Support Team4||Standard Team||Weekdays, Premium Team|
Weekends, Standard Team
|Weekdays, Premium Team|
Weekends, Standard Team
|Dedicated Senior Support Team|
|On-boarding & Environment Familiarity||-||-||-||-|
|Development Escalation Priority||-||-||-||-|
Premier associated contacts8,9
|Products Covered||All products||Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, Jira Portfolio, Jira Align, Confluence, Bitbucket|
Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket
|Atlassian Access and all Atlassian products except StatusPage and Trello.6||Jira Align must be contracted separately.8,9|
|Price||Free||Bundled with Standard product license||Bundled with Premium product license||Bundled with Atlassian Access product license||$39,500 per 3 named contacts8,9|
Server and Data Center Deployments
|Select Support||Priority Support for Server||Premier Support|
|Hours of Availability1,10||9/52|| L1: 24/7|
L3, L4: 9/5
|Initial Response Times3|
Production Application Down
|2 Hr||1 Hr||30 min|
|6 Hr||2 Hr||2 Hr|
1 Business Day
1 Business Day
2 Business Days
2 Business Days
|Support Team4||Select Team|
L1, L2: Advanced Team
|Dedicated Senior Support Team|
|Phone Support||-||L1 only||All tickets|
|Matching response times for Staging & QA Systems||-||-|
|Development Escalation Priority||-||-|
|On-Call Upgrade Coverage||-||-|
|Proactive Health Checks (includes QA and Staging)||-||-|
|On-boarding & Environment Familiarity||-||-|
|Post Incident Reports||-||-|
Admins of a 25+ user / 4+ Jira Service Desk agents server products
Admins of instances associated with Priority Support
Premier associated contacts
|Products Covered||Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, Bamboo, Bitbucket6||Choose one server instance||All products except Opsgenie, Statuspage, Trello, and Jira Align.6,9|
Bundled with software maintenance
$5,000 per product license
$39,500 per 3 named contacts8,9
1 Hours of Availability - Weekend coverage applies to Premium, Priority, and Premier Support programs. Weekend coverage for Bitbucket Server, Bamboo, Crucible, and FishEye is limited to L1 issues only for eligible support offerings. Weekend support does not cover free or open source products like SourceTree and Clover. Weekends start from 5PM US Pacific timezone (UTC-8 & UTC-7 DST) until Monday 10AM Australian Eastern timezone (UTC+10 & UTC+11 DST), spanning a total of 48 hours. During weekends when a Premier Support team member is not scheduled in advance, Premier Support requests are handled by the Select Support team. Jira Align specifics outlined below.
2 9/5 Support - Hours of coverage include 8am - 5pm for the following timezones: Pacific (UTC-8), Mountain (UTC-7), Central (UTC-6), Eastern (UTC-5), Western Europe (UTC+0), Central European (UTC+1), Eastern European (UTC+2), Eastern Europe Forward Time (UTC+3), Australia Western Standard Time (UTC+8), Australia Central Standard Time (UTC+9), Australia Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10). India is covered 10am-7pm (UTC+5.5). Japan is covered 9am-6pm (with Japanese language support). Tickets will be handled in the office corresponding to the geo in which they are submitted. Jira Align specifics outlined below.
3 Initial Response Times – Full descriptions of severity levels are as follows:
- Level 1: Production application down or major malfunction affecting business and high number of staff
- Level 2: Serious degradation of application performance or functionality
- Level 3: Application issue that has a moderate impact to the business
- Level 4: Issue or question with limited business impact
4 Support Team – Our Advanced and Dedicated Senior Teams are both highly trained engineers who are ready to diagnose issues in your environment. Our dedicated senior support team familiarize themselves with three primary contacts from your company to learn your network and environment.
5 Entitlement for Community Support - Community Support (from the Atlassian Community) is available to anyone who signs up. Users of 10-user starter license and Sourcetree users are eligible for only community support.
6 Select and Premier Support - Includes all Atlassian products other than Opsgenie (Opsgenie Support Hours), Statuspage (Statuspage Support Hours), and Trello (Trello Support Hours). Jira Align Premier Support must be contracted separately.
7 Atlassian Access Enabled Products – Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Stride. When additional products are covered by Atlassian Access, they will be included in Priority Support for Cloud.
8 Premier Support Named Contacts - Premier connects our top tier engineers with the customer and in order to ensure the best outcomes we limited the number of individuals within an account per $35,000 to three named contacts. This helps ensure the most knowledgeable individuals within our customers are connected with our most senior engineers to drive issues to conclusion faster. If additional named contacts are needed they can be purchased three at a time by purchasing additional Premier licenses. Account coverage pertains to all active Atlassian server product licenses and does not include Open Source products or 3rd party plugins.
9 Premier Support for Jira Align - Existing Premier Support licenses will not cover Jira Align. Premier Support for Jira Align must be contracted separately. 24 x 7 coverage is currently not available. Hours of availability for Jira Align Premier Support will be from 9:00-7:00 ET, Monday through Friday. Entitlement will be based on license, not based on Premier associated contacts. If and when 24 x 7 coverage becomes available, the additional detail within Hours of Availability1 will apply.
10 Select Support for Jira Align - Select Support for Jira Align will be available from 9:00-7:00 ET, Monday through Friday. If and when timezone-based global coverage becomes available, the hours listed within 9/5 Support2 will apply.
Premier Support Key Benefits & Details
- Account-wide coverage - Premier support is an account wide service that covers all of your installed Atlassian products and Atlassian plug-ins.
- Direct access and phone support from a dedicated senior support team - All Premier Support tickets are handled and responded to by advanced senior support engineers with advanced technical and soft skills to better aid customers with complex environments and mission critical needs. Phone support and daily/weekly conference calls are highly leveraged during critical issue resolution.
- Development team priority - Higher priority queue placement is given to Premier Support customers when issues have to be escalated through to our development organization for assistance or fixes.
- 24 x 7 phone support - Local regional phone numbers are given out to all Premier Support customers and phones are covered 24x7 to guarantee that you can connect with an engineer directly to assist you and to more quickly understand your issue without requiring you to wait for multiple ticket bounces.
- Screen-sharing, collaboration phone calls, and health checks - Our team is highly accustomed to screen-sharing session with customers to reduce miscommunications and delays, which lowers resolution times.
- Weekend coverage - Premier Support customers receive weekend support for their products, select server and data center support customers do not receive weekend coverage. Please click the link below for additional details as some products are excluded from coverage and/or restricted by severity.
- Account on-boarding - Our team records your hardware, software, network, and configuration details during a series of on-boarding calls and discussions to ensure we have your detailed environment information available before your first ticket is filed, further reducing overall resolution times, questions, and delays for each follow-on issue.
- Health Checks - During on-boarding our team performs health checks and performs best practice analysis across each of the Atlassian systems. Customers can also request that additional health checks be performed during upgrades on both staging and production environments, which assists with more trouble free upgrade experiences.
- Other additional Premier Support offerings - Find out what other offering and benefits come from Premier Support by clicking on the following link; Copy of Support Offering PagePremier Support Offering Details.
Priority Support Server Key Benefits & Details
- Mission critical coverage - Priority Support Server can be purchased for your most critical Atlassian instances - ensuring you have elevated support when you need
- Advanced team for critical issues - All critical Priority Support Server tickets (L1/L2) will route directly to our most senior Support Engineers (24x5). This team is dedicated to Priority Support Server customers, and ensures a faster response in critical situations.
- 24 x 7 phone support and weekend support for L1 issues - Local regional phone numbers are given out to all Priority Support Server customers and phones are covered 24x7 to guarantee that you can connect with an engineer directly to assist you with your Level 1 severity issues.
- Screen-sharing and collaboration phone calls - Our team is highly accustomed to screen-sharing session with customers to reduce miscommunications and delays, which lowers resolution times.
- Account on-boarding - All Priority Support Server customers receive a detailed on-boarding email that contains all the details necessary to engage with our team. Additional troubleshooting guidelines, best-practices, and steps to help expedite ticket triage and resolution
- Other additional Priority Support Server offerings - Find out what other offering and benefits come from Priority Support Server by clicking on the following link: Copy of Support Offering PagePriority Support Server Offering Details
- Incident Support - Identifying and troubleshooting problems in the system
- Root cause analysis
- Assistance with issues during installation
- Assistance with issues during upgrades
- Identifying and creating needed bug reports
- Guidance around implementation and configuration
- Integration support with other Atlassian products
Support Does Not Include
- Customers without a valid maintenance agreement
- End of Life, Beta, Release Candidate or Development releases
- Customized versions of Atlassian products (customized = original product code has been modified)
- Development questions or requests.
- For community-based development support, please post these questions on Atlassian Community.
- Note: If a bug in Atlassian development API is believed to be the root cause, sample code that demonstrates the problem and can be replicated must be provided.
- Third-party application integrations or third-party plugins
- Support for end-users (please see Knowledge Prerequisites)
- Product training
- Support in languages other than English, Japanese, and Portuguese
- Professional Services
- System & Performance tuning
- Deployment & Capacity Planning
- Installation & Upgrade Services
Need this kind of assistance? Search or Ask in Atlassian Community!
Definition of Impact Levels
|Level 1||Production application down or major malfunction affecting business and high number of staff|
|Level 2||Serious degradation of application performance or functionality|
|Level 3||Application issue that has a moderate impact to the business|
|Level 4||Issue or question with limited business impact|
You can have confidence that our supported platforms are well tested and we will work to correct issues. Atlassian will not provide assistance with configuration in unsupported environments. See the pages below for detailed information on what platforms are supported with Atlassian products:
Supported Platforms are version specific. When checking the documentation, make sure you're viewing the correct version for your platform.
Supported Platforms (Current Version)
|Stash||Stash Supported Platforms and Stash Support Policies|
Addressing Security Issues
Please read our Security Policies page for information about Atlassian's approach to handling security issues.
- Atlassian Support will help with workarounds and bug reporting
- Critical bugs will generally be fixed in the next maintenance release
- Non critical bugs will be scheduled according to a variety of considerations
* Critical priority is defined as: "production application down or major malfunction causing business revenue loss or high numbers of staff unable to perform their normal functions." This includes security issues.
For more detailed information, please visit these policy pages:
End of Life Policy
Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteration of that version was released (for example, we support JIRA 6.3.x for 2 years after JIRA 6.3.0 was released).
For versions that are supported, customers can raise issues via https://support.atlassian.com. If a bug is discovered, it will be prioritised based on our Bug Fixing Policy and may require you to upgrade to the version which includes the fix. For critical security bugs, please see our Security Bugfix Policy on which versions we will back port critical security fixes to.
Eligibility and Software Maintenance
Software maintenance covers access to support and software product updates for the corresponding software license. Refer to your applicable Cloud Terms of Service or Software License Agreement for specific terms of agreement. After the active maintenance period expires, the software will continue to function, but you will no longer be able to access support or software updates (including security bug fixes). Note that starter licenses include community support only.
Support is open to system administrators and account holders. End-users will be redirected to a system administrator.
Administering Atlassian products requires a baseline technical skill set, including but not limited to:
- Comfort running SQL commands and installing a database. It's best if you have a good DBA for database troubleshooting and administration.
- Comfort installing and maintaining production web technologies
Customers are responsible for administering and upgrading their own installations. Atlassian Support will provide guidance on how to do this, but we will not be able to provide step by step maintenance and installation. If you require further assistance with this level of implementation, please consider the following resources:
Help with Unsupported Issues
The Atlassian Community is a great channel for discussions outside the bounds of the Atlassian Support offering. Below are some of the areas covered in the Atlassian Community.
If you need additional help, contact one of our Atlassian Partners (our 3rd party value added resellers) who offer a wide range of professional services, training, customizations and paid support.
Third-Party Product Integration
Atlassian products interface with a variety of technologies. Front-end solutions like Web Servers (eg Apache HTTP Server), load balancers, single sign-on solutions (SSO), SSL certificates and LDAP repositories add functionality that is often critical to functioning of our products.
Atlassian will endeavour to provide documentation for integration with these 3rd party applications but does not provide support for 3rd party applications. We are unable to provide support when a failure in a 3rd party application occurs.
Third-Party Cloud Environments
Atlassian Server products can be deployed in a variety of 3rd party public cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure. These environments can offer such services as dedicated image storage, caching mechanisms, load balancers, auto scaling, and network configuration which all add functionality that is often critical to the functioning of our products.
Atlassian will endeavour to provide documentation for utilising these 3rd party environments and services but does not provide support for these 3rd party environments and services themselves. We are also unable to provide support when a failure in a 3rd party environment or service occurs.
We recommended consulting our documentation regarding the minimum resource sizing of 3rd party cloud environments and services running Atlassian applications as ample provisioning can guarantee the best customer experience. In cases where Atlassian has provided deployment templates for 3rd party cloud environments and services we will endeavour to troubleshoot the template is functioning as intended. If such templates are altered and used differently to those Atlassian has provided, Atlassian Support may not be able to provide support for these alterations.
Atlassian offers support for certain add ons as listed in our supported add ons list. For unsupported add ons, issues should be raised with the provider of the add on. Each add on's supported status is listed on its page in the Atlassian Marketplace. If you're doing development work, visit the Atlassian Developer Network.
Beta and Development Releases
Atlassian does not offer support for milestone or beta releases, but we do support release candidates. These will be tracked with the terminology 'RC' in the version title.
Databases and Application Servers
Servlet Containers and Databases are integral technologies; without them Atlassian products cannot function. We provide integration instructions for getting our products to work on supported platforms, but we do not support configurations that differ from the procedures described in our product documentation.
Customization and Development Requests
If you're working to extend or customize our products and encounter a problem, Atlassian support are happy to help document the problem and relay information to our development teams as follows:
- We can help you verify whether our code is working as intended and document any bugs.
- If we provide examples of how to make customizations in our documentation, we will work to make sure that documentation is up-to-date.
- For in-depth questions about implementing customizations, we will refer customers to our developer network or partner network.
Atlassian does not support customers performing direct data manipulation of application databases via queries such as INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE, as they can easily lead to data integrity problems. If Atlassian encounters manipulation or customizations at this level, we may ask customers to restore data from their last known working state, or to engage an Expert to help recover their instance to a supportable state. If you are confident your UPDATE or INSERT is safe and your change management system is reliable, refer to the specific product's database documentation.
In the event that there are data integrity problems due to defects in a product, Atlassian will provide workarounds or solutions to these problems that may involve SQL queries. We use SQL-based solutions as a last resort.
Using SQL for business intelligence is beyond the scope of Atlassian Support. Some of our products have a community page for database queries. Please help us as well as the community by contributing your knowledge!
Deployment Planning Activity
Planning for rolling out our products or capacity planning for large instances is better suited for service offerings than Atlassian Support. We will refer this kind of activity to our partner network. This includes establishing specific upgrade and deployment plans for existing installations.
New Feature Requests
See Copy of Support Offering PageImplementation of New Features Policy for a detailed discussion.