Some add-ons expose configurable settings you can use to set up or specify preferences for the add-on. You should always read the documentation provided with the add-on to learn about such configuration options. The documentation is generally accessible from the Marketplace listing for the add-on.
You can access configuration settings, if available for a given add-on, from the Manage add-ons page. For some add-ons, the same settings are also accessible from a link in the administration menu. Both links open the same configuration page.
The Configure button appears only if:
- The add-on exposes configuration settings.
- The add-on is enabled.
After making add-on configuration changes, the host application may need to be restarted for the changes to be applied. Consult the add-on documentation or test the change in a staging environment before making the change on a production system.
To configure an add-on:
- From the application's administration menu, click the Manage add-ons link.
- Find the add-on you want to update by navigating the list or by entering keywords that match the add-on name in the Filter visible add-ons box.
- Click on the add-on listing to open its details view.
The configuration options appear.
- When finished making changes, click the Save button to apply your changes.
The administrative configuration options are provided by the add-on itself. The add-on is responsible for ensuring its own compatibility with the host application; if you encounter problems while attempting to configure an add-on, you should seek support from the add-on provider. For more information, click the Support and issues link in the add-on details view.