How To Move Confluence from AD to Crowd and use the AD as user base.
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Confluence is currently connected to an AD/LDAP, but you would like to move from the AD to Crowd and still use the Active Directory/LDAP for the user base.
Confluence 5.10.0 and above.
As long as the usernames are not changed during the migration, the steps below can be followed:
- Install Atlassian Crowd in a development environment.
- Refer to Installing Crowd
- Connect Crowd to AD.
- Refer to Adding a Directory
- Synchronize the users to Crowd.
- See if the memberships are on the Users page.
- Connect Confluence to Crowd and synchronize.
- See the results.
Confluence links the ownership through the usernames, so it is important to maintain the same usernames, otherwise, Confluence will hit How To Rename the User: "Unknown User" as the Content Creator Caused by User Deletion