This page describes how to create a Bamboo job in a stage of a plan.
- You can either create a new job, or clone an existing job.
- You must have the 'Admin' or 'Create Plan' global permission to create jobs.
- A job allows you to collect together a number of tasks that you want to be run sequentially on the same agent.
To create a new job for a plan:
- Click Dashboard and then the All Plans tab.
- Click the name of the plan in the list.
- Choose Actions > Configure Plan.
- Click on the Stages tab.
- Click Add Job in the stage where you want the new job.
- Click either Create a new job or Clone an existing job.
- If cloning a job, complete the 'Job to clone from' section:
- Plan to clone from — Select the plan containing the job you wish to clone. Plans are grouped by project in the list.
Only plans for which you have the 'Clone' and/or 'Admin' plan permission are shown.
- Job to clone — Select the job you wish to clone from your selected plan. Jobs are grouped by stage in the list.
- Complete the 'Job Details' section.
- Select Yes please! to enable this job, if required. Enabling the job instructs Bamboo to execute the job whenever the job's plan is built.
- Click Create Job.
If you wish to configure tasks for the job, such as configuring a Repository Checkout, please refer to Configuring jobs.
Screenshot: Creating a new job