Typically in Bamboo, your build plans are configured to be automatically triggered when code changes are committed to the working repository, or according to a schedule.
However, there can be scenarios where you do not want the plan to be automatically triggered:
- The plan should only ever be run manually.
- You want to choose the revision of the default repository that should be used for the build.
- You want to run a customised build, so as to override global variables or plan variables.
- You want to select particular manual stages to run.
- You want the plan to be triggered by other plans that build successfully first.
This page describes how to run a plan build manually, and the options available when running a customised plan build.
Running a plan build manually
To start a plan build manually:
Locate the relevant plan on the Dashboard.
Click the Run icon for the plan.
Alternatively, if you are viewing the plan, simply click the Run menu.
Running a customised manual build
If you trigger a plan build manually, you can customise the following aspects of how the plan is run (when these are available):
- Choose the revision of the default repository that should be used.
- Override any global variables or plan variables with your own parameters when triggering a build manually. This is referred to as running a 'parameterised plan build'.
- Select which manual stages to run, if manual stages have been configured for the plan.
To run a customised plan build:
- Locate the relevant plan on the Dashboard.
- Click the plan name to go to the Plan Summary.
- Choose Run > Run Customised.
Customise the following aspects of the plan:
Choose a repository revision to use for the build.
- You can only choose revisions from the default repository.
- The build is not included in plan statistics or telemetry.
- SVN repositories use the revision number
- Perforce projects use the changelist number
- Git repositories use the changeset number
- Mercurial repositories use the tag
Note for Subversion repositories that make use of externals
When running a build with a custom revision on a Subversion repository with externals, Bamboo will
choose the latest revision in the external repository. This is because Subversion externals always use the latest
version and cannot be fixed at a specific revision.
|Build Variables||Click Override a variable to choose another variable to override.|
|Stages||Choose the stages that should be run.|
- Click Run.