To help you troubleshoot this issue, you can run the Sharepoint Diagnostic tool. Please run this tool from the machine where Sharepoint is installed.
This can be caused by the following:
- Confluence is not running.
- Wrong user name and password.
- Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP) is not turned on in Confluence administration console.
- Using other form of authentication than NTLM, eg. NTLMv2.
- Make sure that Confluence is running and accessible.
- Make sure the same username and password can be used to log into Confluence.
- Go to http://<your confluence url>/admin/viewgeneralconfig.action and turn on Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP).
- If SharePoint Connector plugin version is older than 1.2 or Confluence is hosted on a non-Windows environment, make sure that you are using NTLMv1.
Test Connection from Sharepoint Administration Page Failed in Confluence
Determining which NTLM version is used