Your User Preferences allow you to configure a number of settings that will customise your view of the GreenHopper Classic screens.
Note that this page only applies if you are using the Classic Boards
(which are no longer being actively developed; read more
To manage your User Preferences,
- Log into JIRA.
- Select Agile > Classic.
- Select Tools > User Preferences. The User Preferences pop-up will appear (see screenshot below).
- Customise your preferences on the following four tabs as desired:
- General tab:
- Opacity — Specify the opacity percentage to use when using a context to filter or highlight issues.
- Background Colour — Specify whether to display a background colour for your issue views (e.g. List View).
- Two-line list — Specify whether to reduce the maximum vertical height of issues in the 'List' view from 3 lines (the default) to 2 lines.
- Classic Planning Board tab:
- Issues per page — Specify the maximum summaries per page to display in the summary mode.
- Classic Task Board tab:
- Issues per column — The maximum number of summaries to display per column in the summary mode.
- Parents per page — The maximum number of parents per page to display in the outlined Mode.
- Auto assign — Select this check box to automatically assign an issue to you when transitioning the issue on the Task Board. If you do not select this option, you may find you cannot transition some issues on the Task Board, since permissions for transitioning issues in JIRA typically differ between assignees and other users.
You will need the 'Assign Issues' permission for the project in JIRA.
- Classic Chart Board tab:
- Show dates — Select this check box to show actual dates; or leave blank to just show number of days.
- Show forecast — Select this check box to show future work as dotted lines on the charts.
- Show values — Select this check box to show values at every point on the chart.
- Precision (only applicable if Show values is selected) — Select the number of decimal places (0, 1 or 2) to show.
- Click Save and apply.
Screenshot: GreenHopper User Preferences