JIRA workflow statuses map to columns on a board.
To configure these mappings, see Configuring Columns.
To transition an issue to a different JIRA workflow status on a board:
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- In 'Work' mode, transition an issue (or issues) by dragging and dropping the issue from one column to another (see Screenshot 1 below).
- If a dialog box opens for your workflow transition status, you must complete all mandatory fields (indicated by a red asterisk) before submitting the form.
You can also transition an issue via Keyboard Shortcuts if you prefer.
- To map JIRA workflow statuses to columns in a board, see Configuring Columns.
- You can only transition an issue if you have permission to move that issue to the status in the JIRA workflow to which the column is mapped.
- GreenHopper will respect your JIRA worklow configuration and will trigger all your JIRA workflow validations, conditions, functions and notifications on the transitions. (See Configuring Workflow.)
- Unlike the Task Board, the board currently does not auto-assign issues to you.
- Once all the sub-tasks of an issue have been completed, it's time to resolve the issue itself. So when you move the last sub-task to the 'Done' column, GreenHopper will prompt you to move the parent issue too. If you resolved the sub-tasks in native JIRA instead, a button will be displayed on the parent issue the next time you visit Work mode.
Screenshot 1: Dragging and Dropping an Issue to Another Column
Screenshot 2: Dragging and Dropping an Issue to a Column with Multiple Statuses