Screenshot: Cumulative Flow Diagram
A Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD) is an area chart that shows the various statuses of work items for a product, version, or sprint. The horizontal x-axis in a CFD indicates time, and the vertical y-axis indicates cards (issues). Each coloured area of the chart equates to a workflow status (i.e. a column on your board).
A CFD can be useful for identifying bottlenecks. If your chart contains an area that is widening vertically over time, the column that equates to the widening area will generally be a bottleneck.
Viewing the CFD
To view the cumulative flow chart:
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Report, then select Cumulative Flow Diagram from the drop-down at left. The CFD for the version will be displayed (see screenshot below).
Refining the CFD
- The CFD is based upon your column mapping.
- To re-draw the chart excluding a column(s) or swimlane(s), or to apply a quick filter, click Refine.
- To select a different timeframe (past week/past month/past 3 months/past 6 months/all time/custom), click the date range at the top of the chart.
- To select a different date range, drag your cursor across the 'Overview' at the bottom of the chart.
Note that the CFD is board-specific, that is, it will only include issues which match your board's Saved Filter.