9 September 2013
Atlassian presents version 3.2.2 of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse.
What's new in this release?
- We've improved task list synchronization performance.
We've added support for required fields on issue transition screens.
- Several other bugs have been fixed.
Important Note when Upgrading
Since version 3.1, Atlassian Connector for Eclipse works with JIRA 5.0 and above.
If your JIRA server is running behind a reverse proxy, and the reverse proxy requires separate HTTP authentication, the credentials for the reverse proxy must match the credentials for JIRA.
For more details, please see version 3.1 release notes.
Highlights of this Release
Improved task list synchronization performance
Mylyn allows to presynchronize Task List if synchronization is performed automatically in the background. This way it is possible to ask only for issues changed since last synchronization. That's is a great idea but unfortunately due to Mylyn limitation it is not possible to ask JIRA only for changes related to locally defined queries. The standard implementation (also for Bugzilla Connector) asks for all issues updated in Task Repository (JIRA). That is a huge performance problem for large Task Repositories.
We have disabled presynchronization as it caused serious performance issues and memory consumption reported by our customers.
More details in
Added support for required fields on issue transition screens
When action (issue transition) is performed in Eclipse editor, all visible fields are accessible for the transition and sent to JIRA if required. This way most transitions with required fields will work fine. The only exception is when a field required for transition is not present on the issue edit screen.
List of implemented issues:
- Support for required issue type field on resolve issue screen: PLE-1509
- Support for array type required fields on transition screens: PLE-1509
- Support for required fields on transition screens: PLE-1520
Here is the list of other important fixes:
- Fix for "Follow redirects setting does not work": PLE-1522
- Support for missing author of worklog: PLE-1527
- Support for missing author of attachment: PLE-1501
- Added timeout for network operations: PLE-1442
- Fix for not working when disabled "Use Global Network Connections" checkbox: PLE-1498
- Improvements and fixes for adding worklog and updating estimate: PLE-1473, PLE-1489, PLE-1490
- Improvements and fixes for handling archived versions: PLE-1482
- Support for labels field in the issue editor: PLE-1523
- Support for resolution field on the issue create screen: PLE-1491
- Improved Validate Credentials button behavior in Task Repository dialog: PLE-1511
Complete List of Fixes in this Release