If you are a Jira Service Desk administrator, we suggest you create and explore a sample project to help you and any new team members explore how a service desk project works.
Create a sample project
You need to be a Jira Service Desk administrator.
- Go to Project > Create project.
- In the Create project screen, click Create sample data.
- In the Create project with sample data screen, select IT Service Desk and click Next.
- Enter a name for the sample project.
Tip: If you are creating the project for a specific user, name the project 'Sample - [name user]'. This will make it easier to find and delete later.
- Click Submit.
Learn about key features
Here are a list of tasks that we highly recommend you have a go at:
- Explore the customer portal and see what your customers see
- Create a new request and assign it to yourself
- View the queue, edit an issue description, or add a label
- Comment on an issue
- Try out your email channel
- Play with reports
Finished playing with your sample project?
When a sample project has served its purpose, delete it from the project directory. You need to be a Jira Service Desk administrator to do this.