Update license for a 3rd party app in Jira server
An add-on is an installable component that supplements or enhances the functionality of JIRA in some way. The Atlassian Marketplace website offers hundreds of add-ons that the JIRA administrator can install and many of them are free and don't require a license, but some others are paid and won't be fully functional until a valid license is inserted.When you upgrade or renew your add-on license, you will receive a new license key. You will need to update your JIRA server with the new license key.
Steps to update/insert the license
- Get the right license from your account in my.atlassian.com
- Navigate to Manage Add-ons (Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons);
This session requires JIRA Administrator privileges. See Managing Global Permissions for more details.
At the User-installed add-ons list locate the Add-on you wish to update the license and click on it to expand the options;
- Refer to the License key section > click on the pen icon
- Insert the new license into the License key text field:
- Click on Update and the new license will be uploaded.