Update license for a 3rd party app in Jira server
An app is an installable component that supplements or enhances the functionality of JIRA in some way. The Atlassian Marketplace website offers hundreds of apps that the JIRA administrator can install and many of them are free and don't require a license, but some others are paid and won't be fully functional until a valid license is inserted.When you upgrade or renew your app license, you will receive a new license key. You will need to update your JIRA server with the new license key.
Steps to update/insert the license
- Get the right license from your account in my.atlassian.com
- Navigate to Manage Apps (Administration > Manage Apps > Manage Apps);
This session requires JIRA Administrator privileges. See Managing Global Permissions for more details.
Under the User-installed apps selection, locate the App whose license you wish to update and click on it to expand the options;
- Refer to the License key section > click on the pen icon
- Insert the new license into the License key text field:
- Click on Update and the new license will be uploaded.
The pen icon can be tricky. We have suggestion request raised on this - JRA-37262Getting issue details... STATUS
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article