Translating resolutions, priorities, statuses, and issue types
Further extending Jira as an international issue manager, it is possible to easily specify a translated name and description for all values of the following 'issue constants':
- the issue type field (for either standard and sub-task issue types)
- the status field
- the resolution field
- the priority field
This allows you to specify a translation set for each available language — providing each user with a more complete translation in their own chosen language. The translated field names and descriptions appear throughout Jira, e.g. in reports, gadgets and all issue views.
Translating an issue constant
Each issue constant can be configured to have a translation set for each available language in your Jira system. If no translation has been configured for a particular language, the default issue constant name and description are displayed.
- Log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Click the Translate link located on any of the following pages:
- To view/update a translation set for a specific language, select the required language from the View Language Translations list at the top of the page and click the View button to preview the translation:
Note that a translated name and description set can be specified for each type of issue constant.
- Once all translations have been entered, select Update. Note that:
- The process can be repeated for all of the issue constants — i.e. Issue Type, Status, Resolution and Priority fields.
- The translated issue constant name and description will be displayed throughout Jira, e.g. in reports, gadgets and all issue views.
The default issue constant name and description are displayed if a translation has not been specified.