Dedicating an agent
Bamboo allows you to dedicate an agent, to run, for example, only specific build projects, deployment projects or associated activities. You must dedicate an agent to a type of activity and a specific entity of that type.
Note that when you dedicate an agent, then no other activity will be able to use it, unless it is dedicated to that activity as well. Similarly, no other agent will be able to build this plan other than the agent(s) that are dedicated to build it.
To dedicate an agent:
- Go to
Select Image configurations for EC2 elastic agents. > Build resources > Agents. This displays all local and remote agents currently available to your Bamboo system. The Status column indicates which agents are currently enabled or disabled.
- Select the agent you wish to dedicate, and select the Dedicate agent tab.
- Using the menu, select the type of activity you wish to dedicate the agent to. Available choices are:
- Build project
- Build plan
- Build job
- Deployment project
- Deployment environment
- Select an entity to assign the dedicated agent to. This will be a specific project, plan, job, or environment. Use the menu or type-ahead field to locate a suitable entity.
- If required, select Add for an additional entity dedication.
- Select Save to dedicate your agent.