A Bamboo job is a single build unit within a plan. One or more jobs can be organized into one or more stages. The jobs in a stage can all be run at the same time, if enough Bamboo agents are available. A job is made up of one or more tasks.
- Processes a series of one or more tasks that are run sequentially on the same agent.
- Controls the order in which tasks are performed.
- Collects the requirements of individual tasks in the job, so that these requirements can be matched with agent capabilities.
- Defines the artifacts that the build will produce.
- Can only use produced in a previous stage.
- Specifies any labels with which the build result or build artifacts will be tagged.
Each new plan created in Bamboo contains at least one job known as the Default job.
Projects and plans can only be configured by Bamboo administrators (see Creating a plan).