Troubleshooting Bitbucket Pipelines
Here's a list of hints that might help you solve some common problems.
For technical support, raise a ticket with our technical support team.
- YAML must be indented with spaces only, not tabs
- The script for a step does not support a multi-line string yet. Please provide a list of commands
- Try validating your bitbucket-pipelines.yml with with an online YAML linter
- Have a look at how to configure your bitbucket-pipelines.yml
I committed the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, but I don't see any running builds
If you committed and pushed the bitbucket-pipelines.yml, but you can't see any information about builds:
- Check whether Pipelines is enabled. For more information, see Get started with Bitbucket Pipelines.
- If Pipelines is enabled and the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file is in the root of your repository, try pushing a change. The builds are triggered on every commit that happens after you enable Pipelines.
My branch doesn't build
Make sure that there is a
bitbucket-pipelines.yml file in the root of your branch. To build a branch, you must specify a default or a branch-specific pipeline configuration. For more information, see Configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml.
I did a push with multiple branches, but I don’t see any running builds
Pipelines accepts up to five branches in one push, so you might want to check whether you’re within the limit.
We’ve restricted the number of branches in a push to prevent unintended usage of your build minutes.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!