The Atlassian Marketplace website offers hundreds of add-ons that your administrator can install to enhance and extend Atlassian Bitbucket Server. If the add-on request feature is enabled for your Bitbucket Server instance, you can submit requests for add-ons from the Marketplace to your Bitbucket Server administrator.
The 'Atlassian Marketplace for Bitbucket Server' page provides an integrated view of the Atlassian Marketplace from within your Bitbucket Server instance. The page offers the same features as the Marketplace website, such as searching and category filtering, but tailors the browsing experience to Bitbucket Server.
This in-product view of the Marketplace gives day-to-day Bitbucket Server users, not just administrators, an easy way to discover add-ons that can help them get work done. When you find an add-on of interest, you can submit a request to your administrator for the add-on with just a few clicks.
Submitting an add-on request
To browse for add-ons in the Atlassian Marketplace, follow these steps:
- From anywhere in the application, open your profile menu and choose Atlassian Marketplace:
- In the Atlassian Marketplace page, use the search box to find add-ons or use the category menus to browse or filter by add-ons by type, popularity, price or other criteria. You can see what your fellow users have requested by choosing the Most Requested filter.
When you find an add-on that interests you, click Request to generate a request for your administrator.
- Optionally, type a personal message to your administrators in the text box. This message is visible to administrators in the details view for the add-on.
- Click Submit Request when done.
- Click Close to dismiss the 'Success!' message dialog box.
At this point, a notification appears in the interface your administrators use to administer add-ons. Also your request message will appear in the add-on details view, visible from the administrator's 'Find New Add-ons' page. From there, your administrator can purchase the add-on, try it out or dismiss requests.
Updating an add-on request
After submitting the request, you can update your message at any time. Click the Update Request button next to the listing in the Atlassian Marketplace page to modify the message to your administrator.
The administrator is not notified of the update. However, your updated message will appear as you have modified it in the details view for the add-on immediately.