Git push appears to hang client with many git rev-list operations logged
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Git client hangs on push with only the following item logged continuously in the application log for the unique transaction ID. The
2014-10-08 14:57:30,165 DEBUG [AtlassianEvent::thread-2] charlie @17ABCDEx861x17838x1 xyzabc 10.10.10.10 SSH - git-receive-pack '/test/test_repo.git' com.atlassian.stash.scm.BaseCommand Executed /usr/bin/git rev-list --format=%H%x02%P%x02%aN%x02%aE%x02%at%n%B%n%x03 --ignore-missing --stdin --
3rd party plugin processing takes a lot of time and prevents the process from completing before the request times out. Known plugins to have caused this issue:
Enable "Safe Mode" in the UPM and try the push again:
- Administration > Manage add-ons
- Select the "Enter safe mode" link towards the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the switch to Safe Mode by select the "Enter safe mode" button in the popup window.
- Retry the push command from the client.
- Exit out of Safe Mode by selecting the "Exit safe mode and restore previous configuration" link.
Alternatively, you can do it using the REST API:
Contact the 3rd party plugin developer and report the issue.