Restricted functions in Atlassian Cloud apps
In order to securely integrate applications in a cloud environment, some functions available in the Server versions of Atlassian products are restricted in Atlassian Cloud. This means:
- The function is pre-configured and cannot be altered by anyone, or,
- The function can only be configured by Atlassian Technical Support — changes can be requested by raising a support request at https://support.atlassian.com under the 'Cloud' project.
The functions that are restricted in the cloud are listed below.
On this page:
General restricted functions
- Imports — Please read Import and export data for information on supported imports.
- Themes — Custom themes, look & feel, etc, are not supported in most cases.
- Templates — External Confluence templates are not supported.
- Add-ons — Some add-ons are only supported in downloaded instances of JIRA applications and Confluence, however Atlassian Cloud contains a number of popular add-ons. Please read the Add-ons and plugins for the list of supported add-ons.
- Alternative languages —Please see for information on the languages supported in Cloud.
- Backups — Refer to our data backups policy in the Cloud Security Statement.
- Custom domains — Your instance will be accessible at
https://<account_name>., where <account_name> is a unique word you specify when signing up. Use of custom domain names is not currently supported. The <account_name> URL must be at least six characters long and only letters, numbers and hyphens (-) are valid.
- Changing domains — Currently we're unable to change your domain after the instance has been created. Please choose carefully when signing up.
- IP Whitelisting (restricting access by source IP range) — This is currently not possible. Please follow AOD-2636 for updates on this feature.
- Direct access to the database — Not allowed.
- Direct database change — Not supported by Atlassian.
- Port restrictions for external application links — If you set up application links to an external application, the external application must use either an HTTP protocol (on port 80) or HTTPS protocol (on port 443).
- DNS redirection — Not allowed.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!