Restricted functions in Atlassian Cloud apps
General restricted functions
- Imports — Please read Import and export data for information on supported imports.
- Themes — Custom themes, look & feel, etc, are not supported in most cases.
- Templates — External Confluence templates are not supported.
- Add-ons — Some add-ons are only supported in downloaded instances of JIRA applications and Confluence, however Atlassian Cloud contains a number of popular add-ons. Please read the Add-ons and plugins for the list of supported add-ons.
- Alternative languages —Please see for information on the languages supported in Cloud.
- Backups — Refer to our data backups policy in the Cloud Security Statement.
- Custom domains — Your instance will be accessible at
https://<account_name>., where <account_name> is a unique word you specify when signing up. Use of custom domain names is not currently supported. The <account_name> URL must be at least six characters long and only letters, numbers and hyphens (-) are valid.
- Changing domains — Currently we're unable to change your domain after the instance has been created. Please choose carefully when signing up.
- IP Whitelisting (restricting access by source IP range) — This is currently not possible. Please follow AOD-2636 for updates on this feature.
- Direct access to the database — Not allowed.
- Direct database change — Not supported by Atlassian.
- Port restrictions for external application links — If you set up application links to an external application, the external application must use either an HTTP protocol (on port 80) or HTTPS protocol (on port 443).
- DNS redirection — Not allowed.
Check out the Pros and Cons of Cloud vs. Server to help you decide which solution is right for your team. Note that you can integrate cloud and server applications if you require a combination of both solutions.