'Oops, you've made a malformed request' when resetting Atlassian Account password
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
When attempting to reset a password, the following error occurs:
Oops, you've made a malformed request.
If you came here from a link we sent you, please contact support.
This can happen on any browser. To diagnose, try resetting your password or logging in while using a different browser.
There are several causes to this issue:
- A trailing slash or other character appears at the end of the URL. For example, visit id.atlassian.com/manage/change-email/ (note the trailing slash) to experience the error.
- A cookie has become invalid.
- Security settings are too restrictive.
Delete the appropriate cookies for your browser. Search for browser specific instructions on how to delete cookies.
You don't need to wipe the cache, nor all the cookies. If you would like granular troubleshooting, delete only the cookies related to id.atlassian.com.
- Ensure that you are visiting the correct URL, specifically without a trailing slash.
- In Internet Explorer, open Internet Options >> Privacy. If the option Block All Cookies is selected, set it to Medium setting and then try to log in again.