Edit User Details
You can view and edit the details of Confluence users, including their name, password, email address, group membership, and ability to access Confluence.
Edit a user's details
- Choose > User management
- Do either of the following:
- Choose Show all users to list everyone in the 'confluence-users' or 'users' group
Enter a username, full name or email address in the Find User field and hit Search
- Select the user you want to manage
Now you'll see the person's current details and links allowing you to edit them.
- View Profile — View the user's profile.
- Edit Groups — Add or remove this user from a group.
- Edit Details — Change details such as the user's name, email address, contact details and team or department information. In some instances you may be able to change usernames as well. See Change a Username for information.
- Set Password — Edit the user's password details.
- Delete — You can delete a user permanently if the user has not added or edited any content on the site.
- Disable — You can disable (i.e. deactivate) access for a user who has already added or edited any content on the site.
Reset login count
Confluence records the number of failed logins attempts made against each user account. When the login attempts exceed a preset number, the user is prompted to authenticate using CAPTCHA until they successfully log in.
If the user you're administering has any failed login attempts, you can manually set the failed login count for a user back to zero by clicking Reset Failed Login Count.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!