Upgrading Beyond Current Licensed Period
This page explains the recovery process should you mistakenly try to upgrade your Confluence installation to a version beyond your current license entitlement.
During an upgrade an obvious indication that your license has expired can be found in your log file. You will see a 'WARN' level entry similar to this:
When you try to access the Confluence site in your browser, you will see the following warning screen:
Updating the Confluence license
- Contact Atlassian Sales to arrange for a new license to be issued, as instructed on the warning screen illustrated above.
- Once you have received a suitable license, supply the license key to Confluence:
- Click link given on the license warning screen, illustrated above.
- You will first be asked to log in as a Confluence administrator.
- Then you will be presented with a simplified license administration screen. Enter the credentials of a Confluence system administrator.
- Copy the license key into the License field and choose Save.
- Restart Confluence to continue the upgrade.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!