Linking to Another Application
Application Links (sometimes called app links) is a bundled app that allows you to set up links, share information, and provide access to certain resources or functionality across multiple Atlassian products. We recommend using OAuth authentication for application links because of the greater security inherent with that protocol. We no longer recommend the Trusted Applications and Basic authentication types.
Linking Confluence to other applications allows you to include information from those applications in pages or blogs that you create in Confluence. For example, you could link Confluence to Jira Software and display issues on a Confluence page using the Jira Issues Macro.
- Go to > Application links. > General Configuration
The Application Links configuration page appears and lists any links you already have set up.
Enter the URL of the application you want to link to, then select Create new link.
Cloud to Cloud integration
When adding the Cloud URL, use the https://instance.atlassian.net. If the https:// is not used, the link will not be completed.
- If you check The servers have the same set of users..., then this link will be configured using OAuth (with impersonation) authentication.
- If you are not an admin on both servers you won't be able to set up a 2-way (reciprocal) application link. If you want to go ahead and create a 1-way link anyway, clear the I am an administrator on both instances checkbox.
Use the wizard to finish configuring the link. If the application you are linking to does not have the Application Links plugin, you must supply additional information to set up a link with OAuth authentication.
When you complete the wizard, the Application Links plugin will create the link between your applications using the most secure authentication method that is supported between the two applications. See the Application Links User Guide for more information.
The new link will appear on the Configure Application Links page, where you can:
- Edit the settings of the application link (for example, to change the authentication type of the link) using the Edit ( ) icon.
- Specify the default instance if you have multiple links to the same type of application (for example, to multiple Jira servers) using the Make Primary link. See Making a primary link for links to the same application type for more information.
Having trouble integrating your Atlassian products with application links?
We've developed a guide to troubleshooting application links, to help you out. Take a look at it if you need a hand getting around any errors or roadblocks with setting up application links.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article