Import Mail from an mbox
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Integrations from the bottom of the sidebar.
- Choose Mailbox Import.
- To import from a location on your file system: Browse to the location of the mbox file, select the file and then choose Import.
- To import from the Confluence server: Enter the location of the mbox file on the server, then choose Import.
- Only site spaces can store mail archives. Personal spaces cannot. See Spaces for an explanation of site spaces and personal spaces.
- Confluence mail archiving is an optional feature. This means that the 'Mail' options may be disabled and will therefore not appear in the Confluence user interface. Mail archiving features are contained in a system app. To activate mail archiving features in Confluence, enable the app – go to then choose System in the drop down, and enable the Confluence Mail Archiving Plugin. > Manage apps
For security reasons mail can only be imported from a specified location in the Confluence server's file system. We recommend administrators create a folder in their Confluence home directory, add the system property
confluence.mbox.directoryand specify the location for mailboxes to be imported from . Mail cannot be imported from the server until this system property is set. See Configuring System Properties.
Last modified on Mar 22, 2022
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.