Cannot edit a page with HTML Macro
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
- Open Confluence HTML Macros from Confluence Admin > Manage Add-ons > All Add-ons
- Expand this macro.
- Disable both html (html) and html (html-xhtml) modules.
- Refresh your page (Open your page in new tab and refresh it there).
- You will see
unknown macro: 'html'.
- Go back to Manage add-ons tab and enable both modules again.
- Go back to the page and click on edit.
- Remove the faulty script and save the page.
- Get a copy from your page storage format > Storage Format.
- Disable Confluence HTML Macros.
- Edit the page.
- Remove the HTML Macro with faulty scripts form the page.
- Save the page.
- Since you have got other codes in that HTML macro as well, you can use your storage format's backup to add them back to the page.