How to Add a Google Doc to the Widget Connector Macro
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
To add a Google Doc to the Widget Connector Macro:
- Navigate to Google Drive
- Edit the Doc
- Choose File > Share > Publish to Web
- Publish the document
- Click the Share button
- Copy the URL
- In Confluence, create a new page or editing an existing page
- Insert a Widget Connector Macro into the page via the macro browser
- Paste the Google Doc URL into the the "Web Site's Widget URL" field
- Click "Insert"
- The document will be displayed in Confluence. Updates to the document will also be displayed.
Please be aware that "publish to web" would also mean making your content visible to anyone. Be careful when publishing a document with private or sensitive info. Learn more in Make Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Forms public
- How to Add a Google Doc to a Confluence page using the HTML include macro
- How to embed a Google Doc to a Confluence page using the HTML macro
Last modified on Dec 22, 2022
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.