How to clear Confluence plugins cache
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
To clear the Confluence plugins cache when it gets out of sync or corrupted.
- Shutdown Confluence
- Ensure the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory.
- Remove the following directories
This will remove the plugin cache files only and will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Confluence startup. However, some third-party plugins may store metadata in these directories, so we recommend creating a temporary backup of the directories.
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language (in recent Confluence versions, you may not see this directory. It's safe to skip)
- (Optional step) Reset all Confluence plugins back to their default state through the database.
- Start Confluence
If running Data Center, repeat all steps on each node one by one.
- Confluence Home and other important directories
- Also see - CONFSERVER-52749Getting issue details... STATUS