Security Certificate Warnings When Accessing Confluence
When attempting to access Confluence you may receive a warning in the browser similar to:
- There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
- The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
- Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
- We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website
Generally, the primary reason for this is that the certificate was not issued by a trusted Certificate Authority (such as Thawte or Verisign), but was rather a self-signed cert. Some other causes include:
- The server's date is set incorrectly
- The SSL certificate has expired
Work with your Certificate Authority provider on importing an updated Certificate to the Java Keystore. Instructions can be found at Adding SSL for Secure Logins and Page Security.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article