Unable to Start Confluence Due to I/O errors during LOB access
Starting Confluence fails. The following appears in the
2011-04-08 13:38:29,332 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventManager] publishEvent An exception was encountered while processing the event: com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.admin.ConfluenceReadyEvent[source=com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.impl.DefaultUpgradeManager@1f34137c] org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: I/O errors during LOB access; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access
The persistance library is trying to spool a database CLOB object and failing because it can't write to disk.
- Check to see if the temporary directory (set using java.io.tmpdir or System_Temp) has enough disk space.
- Ensure that the user running Confluence can write the temporary directory.
- Try setting -Djava.io.tmpdir=<a_known_path> in your Confluence system property
- If you are running Confluence as a Windows Service and see this line in the stacktrace:
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
- Check your settings within the JAVA_OPTS variable. Each entry needs to be on a new line. Also check to make sure there aren't any trailing spaces following -Djava.io.tmpdir=<path>. If there are, it will be interpreted as part of the directory path.
Last modified on Mar 30, 2016
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.