Unable to Start Confluence Due to I/O errors during LOB access
Starting Confluence fails. The following appears in the
2011-04-08 13:38:29,332 ERROR [main] [atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventManager] publishEvent An exception was encountered while processing the event: com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.admin.ConfluenceReadyEvent[source=com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.impl.DefaultUpgradeManager@1f34137c] org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: I/O errors during LOB access; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: I/O errors during LOB access
The persistance library is trying to spool a database CLOB object and failing because it can't write to disk.
- Check to see if the temporary directory (set using java.io.tmpdir or System_Temp) has enough disk space.
- Ensure that the user running Confluence can write the temporary directory.
- Try setting -Djava.io.tmpdir=<a_known_path> in your Confluence system property
- If you are running Confluence as a Windows Service and see this line in the stacktrace:
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
- Check your settings within the JAVA_OPTS variable. Each entry needs to be on a new line. Also check to make sure there aren't any trailing spaces following -Djava.io.tmpdir=<path>. If there are, it will be interpreted as part of the directory path.