Unable to startup Confluence with java.net.ConnectException
Confluence could not be started up despite tomcat seems up from
catalina.out log. The following appears in the
WARN [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2] [mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool] run com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@5c9aa764 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up. at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor27.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) ... Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server. at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor23.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) ... Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351) ...
- DB server is down.
- URL in Database string is wrong
- The domain or hostname are not resolved to the correct server or unknown to DNS.
- Missing or wrong port number in JDBC URL.
- DB server doesn't accept TCP/IP connections.
- Something in between Java and DB is blocking connections, e.g. a firewall, proxy or antivirus.
Things to check (in order):
- Your database is up and running
- Your database is reachable from the Confluence server
- Your authentication details are correct, you can check this via <conf-home>/confluence.cfg.xml
- Your traffic to the database server is not being blocked by a firewall/proxy server.