Unable to Subscribe to Google Calendar with Error 'Specified Calendar does not seem like iCalendar'
When subscribing to Google Calendars (instructions: Subscribe to Google Calendar from Team Calendars), the error 'Specified Calendar does not seem like iCalendar' is shown in the dialog box.
- Enable Team Calendars for Confluence Debugging by adding com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3 class with DEBUG level (instructions)
- Download the .ics file by navigating to the URL address generated in Google Calendar Private Address ICAL
- Add new Team Calendars for Confluence (see Create, Add, and Edit Calendars), choose Import Calendar to choose the .ics file generated in Step 2
atlassian-confluence.log, you'll see this error:
2015-03-17 22:06:32,687 DEBUG [http-bio-10564-exec-10] [extra.calendar3.calendarstore.SubscriptionCalendarDataStore] validate Unable to interpret response from https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/local.tester%40localhost.com/private-6afddd89d3427dbc0036ded2e229f906/basic.ics as iCalendar -- referer: http://localhost:10564/confluence/calendar/mycalendar.action | url: /confluence/rest/calendar-services/1.0/calendar/subcalendars.json | userName: admin net.fortuna.ical4j.data.ParserException: Error at line 8,790:null
Open the .ics file in Text Editor (e.g: Notepad++) to find the line that's throwing the error (see the error in Step 4)
The sample of the offending entry in .ics file:Sample Content
URL:http://maps.google.de/maps?q=CinemaxX+Essen&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=51.4595868 12593884%5C\,7.0040953159332275Sample Content
- Find the event name that's located few lines below the offending entry (it's the value of parameter called "
SUMMARY:" that you find)
- Go to the Google Calendar and find the event in Step 7 to fix the URL
The old Google Maps URL in the Calendar Event is causing NullPointerException when imported to Team Calendars for Confluence. This error can also be seen when there is a reference to a Team Calendar event within a Google Calendar event.
1) Modify the Google Maps URL in the Google Calendar Event. (Try to put the old URL in the browser to get the new URL syntax)
2) Go to the Google Calendar event and remove the reference to the Confluence Team Calendar event (in this case an XLSX reference)