Monitoring license usage
Centralized license visibility in Crowd allows you to verify the actual license consumption in all Atlassian products in your environment.
Before you begin
To enable license monitoring for your product in Crowd, you must add that produt to Crowd first. See Adding an Application.
This functionality is available for Crowd Data Center only.
Centralized license monitoring in Crowd supports all currently supported versions of the following products:: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence.
Enable license usage - process overview
It takes three steps to enable centralized license visibility in Crowd. First, from Atlassian Marketplace, you must install the License license visibility plugin. Once you've done that, you must establish communication between your application and Crowd by creating an application link between the two. Finally, in your application's settings in Crowd, you just have to set the right application link. Then you're ready to receive license data from your application. See steps below for step-by-step instructions on how to do all that.
1. Install the Centralized license visibility plugin
- Download the plugin from Atlassian Marketplace.
- Install the plugin in the Atlassian product in which you want to monitor license usage.
You must install the Centralized license visibility plugin in every Atlassian product in which you want to monitor license usage.
2. Create the application link / Link Crowd with your application
- Go to > Application Links.
- Enter the URL of the application you want to link.
- Click Create new link.
- Follow the wizard.
3. Add the application link to your application
- In the top navigation bar, click Applications.
- Click on your application.
- In the Details tab, go to the Application link section.
- From the dropdown list, select the application link you previously created.
- Set the Synchronisation interval.
- Click Save.
You have set up license monitoring for your application. You can view license consumption for the application by clicking the Licenses tab in your application details.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article