This page shows the supported platforms for Clover 3.3.x and its minor releases.
Key: = Supported; = Not Supported
JRE / JDK (1)
1.5 - 1.8
1.6.2 or later
1.6.8, 1.6.9 and 1.7.1 do not support Per-Test coverage due to a Groovy bug
2.0.0 does not work with JDK1.5 due to a Groovy bug
Eclipse and IDEA (No Groovy support in IDE)
JRE / JDK (1)
1.5 or later
Microsoft Windows (2)
Apple Mac OS X (2)
1.7.0 or later
|Apache Maven 1|
1.0.2 or 1.1 or later
Apache Maven 2
2.0.2 or later
Apache Maven 3
3.0.0 or later
Application Development Frameworks
1.3 or later (6)
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA
9.0 - 13.1 (5)
3.6 - 4.3, RAD 8 & 8.5 & 9 (4)
Supported Platform Notes
- The last Clover version supporting JDK/JRE 1.4 is 3.1.12. Since Clover 3.2.0 you must use at least Java 1.5 for compilation and runtime. Please note that it's still possible to set source level = 1.3 (no assert keyword) or 1.4 (no enums, generics) for instrumentation.
You can download a JRE or JDK for Windows/Linux. On Mac OS X, a JDK is bundled with the operating system. Once a JRE or JDK has been installed, you need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
- Clover is a pure Java application and should run on any operating system platform provided the requirements for the JRE or JDK are satisfied. Clover does not work on Solaris OS due to bugs in NIO implementation in Java on this platform.
- Your Eclipse projects must use the built-in Java Builder for compilation of source code. Clover does not support AspectJ-based projects.
- Support for Eclipse 3.2 and 3.3 and RAD 7.0 has ended with Clover 3.1.5. Support for Eclipse 3.4 and 3.5 as well as RAD 7.5 has ended with Clover 3.1.12. Please note that Eclipse 4.3 Kepler does not support Java8.
- Support for IntelliJ IDEA 7 and 8 has ended with Clover 3.1.5. The IDEA 12 is supported since Clover 3.1.8.
If you're using IDEA 12.0.x and Clover 3.1.8-3.1.11 then you have to disable the "external build" feature.
The IDEA 13 is supported since Clover 3.2.1. The IDEA 13.1 is supported since Clover 3.3.0.
- Support for Grails 1.2 has ended with Clover 3.1.5.