FishEye 2.0 Upgrade Guide
On this page:
FishEye 2.0 now supports the following browsers:
- Safari 3 (or later)
- FireFox 3 (or later)
- Internet Explorer 7 (or later)
Internet Explorer 6 is no longer supported.
MySQL Enterprise Server Database Issues
When migrating your database to MySQL Enterprise Server, you may encounter problems with very long comments in MySQL.
Problems with FishEye Freezing Unexpectedly
A known issue may cause FishEye 2.0 to freeze unexpectedly.
- Please note that upgrading from 1.6.x will require an (automatic) full reindex.
- Please note that, unless "Store Diff Info" is disabled, FishEye's disk space requirements are much greater than in previous versions. On an existing FishEye instance, this will first become apparent when the instance is reindexed. Please also see the disk space recommendations on the System Requirements page.
Upgrade a test environment first
As always, please test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
If you are already running a version of FishEye, please follow these instructions on FishEye upgrade guide.
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the FishEye Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your FishEye installation, please check for known FishEye issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of FishEye after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base. Please check the FishEye 2.0 Known Issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the FishEye upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the FishEye Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.