Using keyboard shortcuts
View keyboard shortcuts
- Choose the question mark icon ( ) at top right of the screen, then choose Keyboard shortcuts.
- When viewing a page, press Shift + / .
The Keyboard Shortcuts dialog is displayed and shows commands for the operating system and browser that you are using. The dialog is divided into sections for the following information:
- Global shortcuts - shortcuts that can be used when you are in any part of Jira
- Navigating issues - shortcuts for navigating through issues
- Issue actions - shortcuts for working with issues
- App specific - any application-specific shortcuts. These shortcuts only work in the listed application.
If you have other Jira applications installed, you may have additional keyboard shortcuts available. For example, if you have Jira Software installed, you will see a series of additional keyboard shortcuts in the lower-right of this dialog box (and some additional Global keyboard shortcuts specific to Jira Software in the upper-left section). However, the keyboard shortcuts in the Agile Shortcuts section only function in Jira Software, and not in a Jira context.
Enabling and disabling keyboard shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts are enabled by default. However, you can disable them on a per-user basis in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box.
- Ensure you are logged in and open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box (see above).
- At the bottom of the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box, click Disable Keyboard Shortcuts or Enable Keyboard Shortcuts.
You can also disable or re-enable keyboard shortcuts by editing the Preferences section of your user profile. See Managing your user profile for more information.
Some keyboard shortcuts require modifier keys to be pressed simultaneously, along with a single 'action' key. Modifier keys may differ, depending on your combination of operating system and web browser. The following table identifies the modifier keys for some supported web browsers and operating systems:
Mac OS X
Alt + Shift
Alt + Shift
In Firefox, it is possible to customize 'Modifier key shortcuts'. Please read Mozilla's documentation for more information.
Typing a 'Modifier key shortcut' that leads to a link requires you to press the 'Enter' to complete the action.
Ctrl + Alt/Option
|Chrome||Ctrl + Alt/Option||Alt + Shift||Alt + Shift|