Backup Service is not Working Properly due to Misconfigured Parameter
The automatic backup service is failing, throwing a
The following appears in the
2012-09-20 15:25:23,071 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner BackupService [service.services.export.ExportService] An exception while running the export service "BackupService": Unterminated quote java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unterminated quote at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(Unknown Source) at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(Unknown Source)
There is an extra quote at the beginning of
OPT_DATE_FORMAT service parameter, for example:
This is similar to JIRA Backup Fails with Illegal Pattern Character Error.
Remove any extra quotes at the beginning of the
OPT_DATE_FORMAT service parameter as per the steps below:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA System Administrators global permission.
- Select Administration > System > Advanced > Services (tab) to open the Services page, which lists the current services running on this system.
- Edit the existing Backupservice which is already administered.
- Update the date format to a valid format, removing the extra quote.
- Click 'Update' to save the configuration.
Additionally, as per our Backing Up Data we recommend using native DBMS backup tools instead of the XML backup.