Build and Release option missing in JIRA
Platform Notice: Server, Data Center, and Cloud By Request - This article was written for the Atlassian server and data center platforms but may also be useful for Atlassian Cloud customers. If completing instructions in this article would help you, please contact Atlassian Support and mention it.
Support for Server* products will end after February 15th 2024. If you are running a Server product, you can visit the Atlassian Server end of support announcement to review your migration options.
*Except Fisheye and Crucible
- When trying to release a version in JIRA, the options to run a Build in Bamboo as described in Running a Bamboo Build when Releasing a Version is missing, even though there is a properly configured JIRA to Bamboo Application link, and all the documented requirements are meant.
- The version release menu from the Project Administration page shows a Release option, but the Build and Release option is missing:
- The release button at the top-right is missing from the versions page:
The JIRA Bamboo plugin is disabled.
Simply find and re-enable the system plugin *JIRA Bamboo Plugin* from Manage Add-ons Administration page in JIRA:
- Navigate through Administration Menu > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons
- Select "System Plugins" from the dropdown menu next to "Filter visible add-ons"
- Find the JIRA Bamboo Plugin from the list of System Plugins and enable it - also ensure all plugin modules are enabled.