Creating issues inline under a Sprint in a board places the newly created issue under the backlog rather than the sprint
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
When creating an issue directly from a Sprint in the board backlog page, the issue gets directed and is shown in the backlog section rather than under the Sprint.
- Verify that the issue is not specific to user, project, board, sprint
- Go to the Field Configuration page and edit this. Here search for the Sprint Field. If you find 2 fields called Sprint, one locked and one unlocked, then you face the issue addressed here.
Users created a custom field and named it Sprint. Due to this, the system (Locked) field is hidden from
Project settings -> Fields for every project.
- Go to Custom Fields page in the instance and look for the Sprint Field
- Edit the non-Locked "Sprint" field and rename it to "Sprint Duplicate"
- Go to Board and try to create an issue in the sprint. The issue should now be created under the Sprint rather than under the backlog.