How to disable the Log Work option in JIRA
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Users who are using worklog attributes and the validation settings in Tempo sometimes want to disable the log work module in JIRA to force the usage of the Tempo validation. Note that the steps necessary for doing so depend on whether you’re using JIRA 6.x.
Please note that it is not currently possible to disable the log work module in the Cloud environment.
- Log in as a JIRA administrator, and select Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons
- Select System in the drop down
- Scroll down and locate Issue Operations Plugin, click on Modules, then disable the Ops Bar Work Link (log-work) module.
- Then close locate Issue Tab Panels Plugin & click on Modules, then disable the Work Log Tab Panel (worklog-tab panel) module.
- The JIRA Log Work button is now removed on your Issue screen under the More button
If disabling the "+" button (on the issue view screen at the estimate time section) is needed, locate View Issue Panels & click on Modules, then disable the webfragments.view.issue.timetracking.create.worklog module.