How to disable the Log Work option in JIRA
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Users who are using worklog attributes and the validation settings in Tempo sometimes want to disable the log work module in JIRA to force the usage of the Tempo validation. These steps are tested in JIRA version 8.20.10.
Please note that it is not currently possible to disable the log work module in the Cloud environment.
- Log in as a JIRA administrator, and select Administration > Manage apps
- Select System in the drop down
- In "Filter visible apps" search for Issue Operations Plugin, click on Modules, then disable the Ops Bar Work Link (log-work) module.
- Then again search or filter for Issue Tab Panels Plugin and click on Modules, then disable the Work Log Tab Panel (worklog-tab panel) module.
- The JIRA Log Work button is now removed on your Issue screen under the More button
If disabling the "+" button (on the issue view screen at the estimate time section) is needed, locate View Issue Panels & click on Modules, then disable the webfragments.view.issue.timetracking.create.worklog module.