JIRA Issue History not Showing Changes for some Fields
When viewing JIRA's issue history, it seems to be omitting the history of certain fields.
- You can see that the Sprint field for an issue has been defined as "Sprint 1"
- When checking the issue's history, there is no indication of when this value had been defined as "Sprint 1"
- The issue history entries had been removed from the database
- A third-party plugin is blocking the issue history from being displayed, for example: Field Security Plugin for JIRA
If the history has been removed from the database:
- The only method to recover this history would be from a backup before the change was made.
- Restoring this backup would also mean losing data between the time of backup until current day
If the history is being blocked by a third-party integration:
- Determine why the add-on is blocking your fields and configure it properly
- Or, disable/remove the add-on.
- In the case of the Field Security Plugin for JIRA, disabling this plugin will require a restart of JIRA to observe the changes.