Mention/Share notification not sent to any users when a certain/specific user is triggering the event
- When a specific user tries to mention any other user in an issue, nobody receives the email for this mention. The same behaviour applies to Sharing an issue.
- The following may appear in the atlassian-outgoing-mail.log, or there may be no traces of the email being sent at all
The following appears in the
2014-12-19 11:09:27,295 Sending mailitem com.atlassian.jira.mail.IssueMailQueueItem@7d11dcf4[issue=com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl@35ba448a [id=12345,summary=TEST,key=XXX-1234,created=2014-12-15 13:29:30.453,updated=2014-12-18 08:48:51.677, assignee=admin:10300,reporter=admin:10300],remoteUser=username1:10300,notificationType=Current_Assignee,eventTypeId=6,templateId=6] ERROR ServiceRunner Mail Queue Service [atlassian.jira.mail.MailingListCompiler] Failed adding mail for notification recipient: [email@example.com, user=admin:10300] com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCache$DelegatingLoadingCache.get(DelegatingCache.java:270) at com.atlassian.jira.avatar.CachingTaggingAvatarStore.getByIdTagged(CachingTaggingAvatarStore.java:112) at com.atlassian.jira.avatar.AvatarManagerImpl.getByIdTagged(AvatarManagerImpl.java:88) ... Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(Unknown Source) at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at com.sun.imageio.plugins.common.SubImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ...
- Both users have all the appropriate permission to send and receive notifications
The mention/share feature is working for every other user
- In the Notification Helper, the avatar of the sending user doesn't seem to render properly
This is caused by a corrupted avatar. This exception is thrown if the method is passed incorrect arguments http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/RandomAccessFile.html#read(byte,%20int,%20int). It is possible that earlier classes such as PNGImageReader are incorrectly parsing the avatar and then sending data to the later methods that is then throwing the exception. According to the error, Failed adding mail for notification recipient:, it seems like the notification isn't added which would explain why there are no traces of it in the atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log. This issue is being tracked in - JRA-42086Getting issue details... STATUS
- Change the avatar of the affected user back to the default Avatar