'org.apache.jasper.JasperException Unable to compile class for JSP' or Workflow Actions Inaccessible
One or both of the following conditions may exist:
- Workflow actions may be inaccessible
- JIRA applications may throw exceptions on screen
The following appears in the
2007-12-06 10:55:05,327 http-8080-Processor20 ERROR [500ErrorPage] Exception caught in 500 page Unable to compile class for JSP org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:572) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:305)
The Tomcat container caches
.class files generated by the JSP parser they are used by the web application. Sometimes these get corrupted or cannot be found. This may occur after a patch or upgrade that contains modifications to JSPs.
- Delete the contents of the
<JIRA_INSTALL>/workfolder if using standalone JIRA or <CATALINA_BASE>/work if using EAR/WAR installation .
- Verify the user running the JIRA application process has Read/Write permission to the
- Restart the JIRA application container to rebuild the files.