Pie Chart Gadget showing Unknown as result
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Using pie chart gadget in the dashboard, there are a portion where it returns Unknown.
For eg: Pie Chart : Returned Filter based on Reporter
Result: Unknown = 5% (16 issues)
- Clicking on the unknown link which opens the issue search navigator, there are less issue shown here ( either no issue or lesser than the 6 issue stated)
- Should be showing user name instead of 'Unknown'
This is caused by there are issue that is holding obsolete data on the Reporter/Assignee field that is pointing to a user which is no longer in the system
- If you manage to find the the 'Unknown' issue, you will notice that at the Reporter/Assignee field, the username is grayed out and wont be able to click it
- This can be cause by a direct modification of cwd_user; by deleting the user directly from database
- Deletion of user from external directory
- Other unknown actions that lead to data integrity for the issues
Resolutions are ways to fix problems in the application once and for all, generally these wouldn't be hacky solutions.
- Stop JIRA
- Perform the following in your database
Replace XXXXX either with Reporter or Assignee column accordingly.
Please perform a backup to your database prior to perform any modification to it.
update jiraissue set XXXXX='' where lower(XXXXX) not in (select lower_user_name from cwd_user); eg: update jiraissue set reporter='' where lower(reporter) not in (select lower_user_name from cwd_user);
- Start JIRA
- Perform a full reindex
- You will notice that when you click on 'Unknown', the correct amount of issue is shown. Then, proceed to update the assignee or reporter field to a valid user manually or using bulk edit